Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review: The Hollow - Jessica Verday


Date pub.: 09/01/09
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 513



Synopsis.

When Abbey’s best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead. Abbey has never felt so desperately alone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen’s funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey’s life.  

Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend.                                   As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen’s betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her—one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.

My Review.
I know a lot of people didn't enjoy this book, but I really did. The Hollow is  a very mysterious book, and yes, the plot is kind of inconsistent at times. Some things happen and you wonder how-why, they happen. Abbey is broken and I think that's why she doesn't realize in the beginning how strange Caspian, and the whole situation really is. She doesn't really pay attention to what's really happening because she's still recovering from losing her best friend, Kristen. I love how Caspian deeply cares for her, and how passionate she is about the history of her town and her perfume making.  She believes in her dreams and she wants to get better, which is a great quality in a heroine. I could relate to her and I love that, a fictional character got  me into making perfumes ... I think that says a lot. I think Jessica Verday has a lot of potential and after all this was her debut novel. I really want to read The haunted (the sequel). It's pretty easy to read and we aren't given many details and for that, I can't give it more than three little hearts, but this books still means a lot to me, I liked it regardless. 


My Rating: ½


For fans of: Hush Hush, twilight, fallen

No comments:

Post a Comment