Thursday, November 18, 2010

Review: Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr.


Date pub.: 05/01/08
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 
325



Synopsis.                                                                                                                                 Wicked lovely: All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? 
To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel toWicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go.

My Review.
Ink exchange is the second book of the Wicked Lovely series. Even though it's not the first one, it's my favorite by far, so I thought I'd review it. This book is more focused on Leslie, who is Aislinn's very good friend. (Aislinn is the heroine of the series). It's also definitely darker, which is probably why I liked it so much. I really enjoy dark books, they keep me entertained. There's your ''broken'' girl, your dangerous yet attractive guy & your love triangle. A lot of things happen throughout the book, not only to Leslie but also Aislinn. I loved Melissa Marr's writing style and the font that was chosen for the book. She gives a lot of details about the places and surroundings of the characters. I love that Leslie is, in a sense, stronger than Aislinn. I can't say why, because I don't want to spoil anything but she is really strong minded and isn't afraid to stand for what she believes in. I promise you won't get bored and won't be able to put the book down once you start reading it if you're like me. Kudos to Melissa, she really believes in fairies and I could definitely feel that while I was reading her series.
My Rating: 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment